Friday 24 February 2012

Basic 30 Minute Spaghetti Bolognese


A traditional bolognese sauce requires hours of simmering and careful attention. 

And time certainly wasn't on my side, when Millie, my little person
asked for Spag Bol at 4pm yesterday for last night's dinner.


So I picked the eyes out of my traditional recipe,
and came up with this express version.
 
And to my surprise and my husband's, this simplified Bolognese sauce which
takes about 30 minutes to make, still delivers a wonderful flavour.




INGREDIENTS (Serves 10 Little People or Family of 5)

1 Tsp Oil
500g Lean Beef Mince
1 Onion, finely chopped
1 Carrot, finely grated
1 Garlic Clove, minced
1 x 400g Can of Tomatoes, finely chopped
1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
1/2 Cup Beef Stock
Sea Salt and Cracked Pepper


METHOD

Heat oil in a deep frying pan over a high heat.

Add garlic and onion and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until soft.

Add the mince and cook, stirring occasionally until brown.

Add the tomato, tomato paste, carrot, and beef stock. Simmer rapidly for 20 to 25 minutes or until the sauce thickens to your liking.

Season with salt and pepper.

Serve over spaghetti.


No comments:

Post a Comment